Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Sunday, May 15, 2005

Self-Assessment

Goal: The goal of writing a self-assessment is to assess your progress towards pre-set goals at the end of the year.

Reality: Torture employees

Now, what I really want to say on my self assessment is I am a goddess, I do everything right. Pay me lots more money. I have a feeling someone reading that would say "She's a lunatic, what's she doing working for us."

Self-assessment writing sucks. I can help anyone else write a self-assessment and do a great job, but when it comes to my own, I draw a total blank. I didn't do anything all year long. I have nothing to say about myself. I hate to brag about myself. The objectives I set back in August, well...umm, yeah, they never happend. We never did half of the stuff we said we were going to do. We focused on other stuff. So, now what do you do about that. Gloss over them and concentrate on what you did do??? UGGHHHHH!!! It was due on Friday, so I had officially put it off until the last possible second. It's turned in now. I sent it into the wide world of performance evaluations. Pray for me.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:37 PM, Blogger Beth said…

    I feel your pain. We do the same thing at Solae. Except, I write what I think, and then I show it to my supervisor and s/he tells me what I should have written and what I actually did and then I re-write it to say what they think it should say. Why did I write it in the first place, I ask?

     
  • At 5:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah, self-assessments suck. I, however, have gotten over the "hating to brag" part. I give myself the top score in almost every sub-category and let my manager knock it down if he feels like it. I highly recommend this method.

    Blandly claim every success as your own and gloss over any shortcomings. Your manager knows how good an employee you really are without these silly self-written evaluations.

    And outsiders will discount everything they read anyway.

    Eric

     

Post a Comment

<< Home