Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Busy Weekend

Yet another busy weekend. This one was in town at least. My sister and I went out on Friday night. We went shopping and in an almost unheard of occurance, we did not purchase a single, solitary thing. Yes, you're reading that right, we didn't buy anything... No, I don't think either of us is ill either.

On Saturday am, I went to the St. Louis Knitting Guild's annual potluck lunch. It was a good time. Tried lots of good dishes that others brought. Knitted for quite awhile.

Then, I went to babysit for this beautiful little one. She was very good for aunt Gwen and we had a very good time, although from her very serious expression, you couldn't tell.

I spent the rest of the weekend, cleaning my house (I have hardly been home, so this was the first chance I had in awhile...the downside of traveling) and knitting on the clapotis.

Notice the subtle color change. This would be one of the little oddities in hand dyed yarn... The first skein was very vibrant and the second was almost like a washed out version. The third will either be like the second or some version of the two. I've looked at it and it has more of the yellow/brown tones from the first, but also the lighter tones from the second. Oh, well, only time will tell. I'm just going with the flow.

Here is a more close up picture of the color change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home