Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Sunday, June 05, 2005

I love spring. I love spring fruits. I'm sitting here eating cherries. Mmmm...

So, I'm finally home to stay for awhile. This weekend trip wasn't a total waste, look at the yarn I bought at the Hillcreek Yarn Shoppe in good 'ol Columbia, MO.

The 3 hanks areEllyn Cooper's Yarn Sonnets Hand-dyed yarns called Canasta. The color is Jewel Tones. It's a thick thin cotton yarn. The green stuff is a cotton yarn that was very inexpensive and yes, that is Opal Sock yarn. I've been hearing about it all over the internet, so I had to try some. It is a very good thing that our Board meetings are only on Saturdays once or twice a year... They had magnificent yarns.

So, I bought all of these wonderful yarns and then spent the night here:

No, although it looks a lot like it, it is not a prison cell. I swear, I thought I was going to fall off the bed all night long. But you will notice that no where in this room were there knitting needles. All I had with me were my #1 doublepoints in a sock. Ugghhh. I was ready to join right in. I did seriously think about trying to find the nearest Michaels, but the meetings ran until 10pm. I will confess to bringing the yarn into my room with me...

This is how the yarn spent the ride home...

So, I got home. I had a lot of things I wanted to get finished - laundry, bathroom cleaning, mopping the floor, etc. So, I took photos of the yarn to post and then sat down to eat a very late lunch and read the paper.

20 minutes later, and I still don't know how this happend, but I woke up and the swift was out...

I've decided that I definitely took a ball winder. It took forever to wind a ball, so I only wound one...

You know after that, I couldn't resist. I dove right in. Can you tell what this is???

Why yes, it is the Clapotis. Again, in the fog-like yarn coma, I somehow started the clapotis. I will admit that I had to restart it 15 or so times... :-0
I tried out several different needles sizes to find out which ones worked and I kept losing a stitch at line 6 and at that point, you might as well start over, it's only like 8-9 stitches. I'm loving it. It looks awesome!!!

I'm so terrible. I'm apoligizing to all my other WIPs that will end up in a pile somewhere until I have gotten over the Clapotis fever. It's so easy and fun to knit and I haven't even gotten to where I can drop a stitch... I'm insane, I know.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your Clapotis is going to be beautiful! I love the rich colors.

    And you're right... it is a BEAR to start. I finally got it, but I still think it could've been better, as that corner curls like crazy.

    I'm so jealous of your OPAL! I fell in love with one colorway of it after seeing some socks done in it on a blog, and have been trying to find it ever since... no one in my city carries it, and nowhere online sells it (at least not that colorway), and it NEVER comes up on eBay. I guess that means it's really good stuff.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home