Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Back again home

Ahhh...it's so good to be home. I'll be so happy to sleep in my bed. I got the hardest bed in the world last night. Ugghhh! I hate that. I was forwarned by someone who had gotten in town the night before, but even I didn't believe it was that hard. The carpet would have been more comfortable. I didn't get any sleep and I'd even had several glasses of wine.

As I rushed to the airport to fly standby on an earlier flight I realized that in all the times traveling for the company, I'd only taken my scheduled flight once. I travel 6-7 times a year and only once in two years, have I taken a scheduled flight. I always end up flying standby on an earlier flight. My impression of the dallas airport. Lots of people-rush...rush...rush - big expanse of carpet with no seats in front of the gate - plane...made it...ahhhh. That's two visits worth of impressions.

I didn't get much knitting done this time. On the morning flight, I was sandwiched in between two large guys. And since I'm not a small girl, it was rather comical impression of sardines, consequently, there was no knitting room. I did read a good book and I heard all about my seatmates trip to Vegas for a bachelor party. Watch out ladies, he has "a plan". I just love hearing about that for 2 hours at 7am. On the way back, I was trying to squeeze in some work since tomorrow is going to be a busy day and I didn't want to stay late on a friday. So, I have a teeny start to the toe of the sock to show for my trip.

I don't have many plans this weekend. It's the weekend of the big Chop. Beth is going to get her hair cut that she's been growing out for several years and donate to Locks of Love. She's also collecting money to donate to help make a wig for a child, so if you haven't already done so, mosey on over to Yarn Envy and donate a dollar or so. She is holding a raffle for all donators for the coolest, hand dyed yarn (she did it herself, you can see how back a few posts on her site).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home