Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Traveling fun...

Old McDonald had a farm again and again and again. What is it about little kids that they can sing the same song over and over and over again and never get tired of it. I will admit, hearing Old McDonald was better than a screaming child, but I was about to go crazy after 2.5 hours of Old McDonald in that off-key 3 year old little girl voice. She serenaded the entire plane.

Other than that, the trip was pretty uneventful. A whole bunch of us went out to dinner at this "Famous" steak house in Tampa, named after the coach of their football team, Shula's. The menu came on an autographed football (that you could buy for $350 if you were so inclined.) You can tell it was a good steakhouse by the fact that the entire menu fit on the football. I was vaguely reminded of that movie with John Candy The Great Outdoors because they had one of those clubs "If you can eat this gigantic steak, you can belong" The smallest steak on the menu was a 16 oz Filet Mignon. Sadly, we couldn't resist ordering dessert. Creme Brulee for me. Which came in this 8in tart pan. Custard about 1/2 inch thick with lots of the sugar topping. Yeah, if I hadn't just eaten the meal the size of New York, I might have been able to eat half of it...

I did get a lot of knitting done on the trip. I was busy Sunday night, so I didn't start a sock like I normally did. So I started it the next morning at the airport. Double Pointed needles freak people out at 6:30am. You know when you start a toe-up sock or even one cuff down, the needles never behave until you've got about 2inches in. For future notice, you can finish a sock for a women's size 8.5 shoe to where you need to turn the heel on the plane to and from Tampa.


I got a great surprise when I came home. They came and gave me a new shower head. I'm so excited!!!! (which is oh, so sad) I had this ancient one that water barely trickled out of so I complained enough that I got a new one that has all the bells and whistles. I can't wait to take a shower tomorrow. I might never get out of it tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home