Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Had a bad day again...

I seem to have something against working this week. First forgot the power cord to my computer (still haven't returned it and IT guy noticed today...). Tuesday, forgot the computer and had to turn around and drive back home. Today, made myself a big glass of iced tea and proceeded to spill it in my lap...in white pants. Yes, you can only imagine. My boss who sits right by me thought I puked. Which would have been only slightly less embarrassing at that point. So, needless to say, took an early lunch, drove myself back home and changed clothes. UGGHHH! I think my subconscious is telling me I need a vacation. Unfortunately, that is not in the cards right now. The closest I'm going to get is next Sunday evening in Tampa because I can't get a flight out of St. Louis that gets me into Tampa early enough to make the training class.

What is it about spring and travel? I traveled to Chicago, Cincinnati, Columbia (MO) and New Orleans in a four week span last spring. I was in Chicago last week, Columbia (MO) last weekend. I'm going to Dallas the second week in May and DC (yes, actually vacation this time) the last week in May and I just found out today that I have to go to Tampa, leaving next weekend. Somewhere in the midst of all of this training, I'm going to have to fit in my regular job. This might push me over the edge. I might have to break down and get a Blackberry. Oh No!! This from the girl that up until a year ago didn't even own a cell phone. That is quite a distance for a techno-phobe in a year.

So, the only good part about the whole day, and in fact the whole week so far is I got a package from my secret pal!!!!! I only hope she knows how great I felt upon receiving it after my crappy week so far. Hurrah!!!!

We have a skein of pretty angora yarn in a silver browny color that is absolutely stunning in person and so, so soft. It's sitting on my lap and I'm petting it as we speak. There is some shiny black yarn. Two strands of these blue-black glass beads that I know exactly what I'm going to do with. Some tea, coffee and hand cream. Yippee! I want to sincerely thank my secret pal. This whole exchange has been so much fun. Mostly because of her. Yeah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home