Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Thursday, March 17, 2005

St. Patrick's day is one of those weird non-holidays. Everyone wears green, or gets ridiculed. We don't get off work. You don't get any gifts. Everyone eats Corned Beef and Cabbage, for the only time all year and drinks green beer. Except for the green part, not really a holiday in my book.

So, it's been a couple of days ripping stuff out. I had to rip back to the life-line on the flower basket shawl (thank god I put that in). I ripped out a baby sweater I had started because it wasn't doing anything for me. I also ripped out the socks I started in the Tess' Supersock yarns (purchased @ Stitches last summer). I was trying out a pattern and it just wasn't doing anything for me. The funny part was that I was at the oil change place in the waiting room when I did it. After working on the sock for about 20 minutes, I decided that I really didn't like the pattern I was using with that yarn. The sock was closed up as I was regarding it and I just ripped out the 4 double points. This woman, who had been there the entire time I had, GASPED loudly and looked at me in total shock like what on earth was I doing. The _expression on her face was well worth ripping out the sock and abolishing all my work. :-) The yarn I was using is variegated yarn, but not necessarily striping yarn. I think I'm going to try out the Broadripple pattern from Knitty.com next.

For some good news, I'm going to babysit my niece tomorrow night while my sister and her husband go out looking for a new stove. I will bask in her cuteness for the evening and get in my lovin' in because on Saturday we're going to a family party where she will be much loved by others. Other than that, no plans for the weekend. I might try to go shopping on Sunday. It got up to 60 something today so I feel the need for some new clothes. :-)

I hate March Madness. Everything is reruns and then there's all the basketball games and all the pools and it seems neverending. Well, since there was nothing on, I indulged in a bit of a guilty pleasure. I had netflixed Disc 1 of Season 1 of 21 Jump Street. Yes, the old tv show that had a very young Johnny Depp. He was cute even then. Oh My!! Acting could leave a bit too be desired. Now I'm hooked. I can wait for the rest of the season to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home