Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Friday, February 25, 2005

TGIF

It may amaze everyone, but not only is my birthday flower still alive, but it is blooming again. I can't believe it. I almost fell over dead when I walked into work this morning and saw three little pink flowers opening up. Hurrah for Gwen!!! I might even have to buy a pretty pot for it so it looks pretty sitting on my desk instead of the green plastic thing it came in, although that might be the kiss of death...

I'm still sick. The cold has moved up into my head and down into my chest. Yuck!!!! I hate being sick. Worst of all, I can't go see my neice because I don't want to get her sick either. It's going on two weeks. I'm going through withdrawl. I have gone to work every day this week and spread my germs amongst my co-workers since I'm absolutely convinced that's where it came from in the first place.

So, I had some unusual selections come from netflix this week. I ordered two old favorites and a newbie, The Piano and Hackers and then Shark Tale. Talk about total opposites. I don't know why I love The Piano. It has absolutely nothing to do with Harvey, because it ain't that pretty. Hackers, of course, because of Johnny Lee Miller, the first Ex-Mr. Angelina Jolie. He's just beautiful in that movie. The plan for the weekend is to lay around, watch movies and get well.

I have startitis. I want to start new knitting projects. I want to start the Flower Basket shawl with my hand dyed yarn. I want to make some socks for me. I want to make a summer tank for myself. I want to... Are you getting the picture. Of course, I have my 3 secret projects going. I started a baby sweater for my cousin's wife. I still have Faina's scarf to finish and I need to seam my Two-Toned Sally Melville sweater that I'm never going to wear. I must finish at least one thing before I start something else...

Oh, I almost forgot. The knitting gods were smiling yesterday. My aunt went to visit my grandfather and as she was a knitter and a weaver, asked to look at her stash. Most of the yarns were weaving yarns and not interesting, but she found...Yep, you guessed it...A swift!!!!! Hurray!!!! Susie said that she and I can share it. On the look out for a ballwinder this weekend. Yippee. Now I can wind the lace weight I bought from knitpicks for the Madli and start that too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home