Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Monday, January 03, 2005

Where in the world has Gwen been??

Well, I was on vacation. A vacation from work and blogging too, it seems. I did not take a vacation from knitting. I finished up the hats for my brother and SIL. The one from my SIL looked so cute on her. Pictures later.

So, I got a new digital camera for X-mas and I've been trying to figure out how to work it. I think there's a problem with the batteries or the recharger (which came with camera). Put the batteries and charged 24 hours per instructions. Put in camera, batteries recorded as next to dead. Put batteries back in charger 48 hours. Batteries half full according to camera. Took pictures and played around for 10 minutes, and left to go somewhere else. Picked up camera tonight to take a new picture of the Faina's scarf I've been knitting to put on the blog. Batteries dead. Weird. Will talk to my father to see if operator error (which is frequent) or machine problem. Any opinions?

So, I've been seeing all of these people recording all of the items they finished in the 2004 and I can't remember them all (lots of baby hats and sweaters), so I've decided this year, I'm going to keep a list of all completed items in 2005. So far, I've finished a garter lace baby hat (Interweave Summer 2004) for my friend Jenny, who try as though she might, did not manage the new year baby. Her baby was born at 6pm on 12/31/2004. Well, at least she gets the tax write off. Since this was a girl surprise, I sat right down and kntted up a hat to go with the onsie I bought to send to her.

I've identified a new challenge for the new year. The 50 book challenge. Not 50 trashy romance novels, but 50 real books. Since I love to read, I'm going to see if I can do this. I'm going to start with Jane Austen's Emma. Although I've read Pride and Prejudice a million times and had Emma sitting on the shelf for more than a year, I haven't gotten around to reading it yet. You can find the 50 book challenge here: http://www.livejournal.com/community/50bookchallenge/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home