Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Sunday, January 23, 2005

Not a good night for dinner...

My friend Julie was taking me out last night for dinner and it was like the night where everything that could possible go wrong did. The first restaurant we picked was closed because of a water main break. We should have known something was up when the parking lot was practically empty and neither of us had been to that restaurant without an hour wait.

At the second choice restaurant, we sat in the bar to order a drink while waiting. I ordered Bud Light on tap. No Bud Light on tap. They had run out. Did I mention that this is St. Louis and Bud Light practically runs out of the faucet's in your house. It wasn't a big sports weekend. What kind of restaurant runs out of bud light on tap at 6pm on a Saturday??? It didn't get any better from there. We got a seat by the fire (kudos), but unfortunately, there was a large party in the section and the waitresses had split the large table and their other tables and it seemed no one knew which tables was theirs and service really sucked. Julie ordered a dish and they didn't come back to say they didn't have any more until after our appetizer was finished and the waitress looked at her like she should have the menu memorized and be ready to real off a second choice right there.

So, we left our dining experiences behind us and decided to try the movies. You would think there would be at least one 8pm movie wouldn't you? Nope, none of the other movies started until 10:10pm. Well crap!

But, they always say "all's well that ends well." We ended up at borders and look at the awesome calendar I picked up for $4 at borders!!!!

In knitting news, look at the socks I make for my neice out of some leftover sock yarn. Too cute. Baby socks take up so much less time than people socks. I finished a sock in 2 hours from cuff to kitchener!! very cool.

I also succumbed to the new Knitpicks yarn. I ordered two sets of sock yarn, some lace weight alpaca and some wool for felting for my aunt (because you must order enough to get the free shipping...). I'll show pictures when it comes in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home