Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Friday, January 21, 2005

Black thumb betty...

So, the aforementioned plant is a Primrose (greenhouse variety) Why do I know this you ask, especially since the pot says Primula??? Because after 48 hours in my possession, it was already on the brink of death. Droopy yellowing leaves, limp flowers, you know the drill. Not wanting my little friend to die and look like a murderer, I looked it up on the internet to find out what it was so I could attempt to care for it. Apparently, it doesn't need direct sunlight, and likes cool temperatures (which is good, because my office is like the frozen tundra). I was looking for watering instructions because I didn't know if it needed a lot of water or a little water or what. Turns out, you fill the little up on the bottom and let it adsorb up into the soil. So, that's what I did and it's looking much better now. I think one of the leaves is a goner though and I might have to practice some surgery at some point.

I can grow outside flowers, but have never been able to sustain life with the indoor variety. In a previous life, a misguided soul gave me cactii for my birthday, even knowing that I have a black thumb thinking even I couldn't kill them. Yep, you guessed it, deader than a doornail. I did manage to keep one of the 3 alive for more than 6 months, but I think it was because she kept sneaking into my office and watering it behind my back...

The primrose deathwatch begins now... If it lives a month, I might even repot it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home