Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Thursday, January 13, 2005

Pictures...Finally

So it snowed all morning. Unfortunately for us, the big boss was out of town during the 3 hours when it came down hard, so we did not get off work early. For all my college buddies, it's supposed to snow again on my birthday next wednesday. We could do a 10th anniversary reprisal of my 21st birthday. "Oh My God There's soooo much snow."

It's hard to believe I'm going to be 31 next week. I don't feel 31. I don't necessarily think I look 31. I don't act 31. I live in an apartment, I'm not married, I have no responsibilities. I don't have kids, pets or even plants. I was watching that movie 28 days with Sandra Bullock the other day, and I keep thinking about the advice coming out of rehab (which I'm not) that you should first keep a plant alive, then a pet and then have a relationship. Well, I'm not coming out of rehab and have no addictions (yarn & shoes not included) and I can't even keep a plant alive for more than a month. I'm doomed. I remember when I was little, my mom had my siblings and I convinced that she was in her twenties for many, many years. It wasn't until her best friend, who shares her birthday/year, told us how old they were (37) that we even knew. I need to be more like my mother. Yes, I do realize at this point, it is too late for this year as I have just revealed my true age to the entire world. I will have to start early next year and propagate the myth that I am, in fact, younger than I really am. I

hate having a birthday less than a month after christmas. When I was a kid, I would get those christmas/birthday presents from some family members. Not my parents (bless them). Now that I'm grown up, you get all of these really great gifts for christmas and then when people ask you what you want for a birthday you're like "Uhhhh...I don't know....I really loved my christmas presents..." So we're celebrating my birthday tomorrow with my favorite meal, lasagna & Cherry pie. Mmm. Our family is weird. We don't really do traditional birthday cakes. Pies, yes. Cake, not so much. So I asked for lemon meringue or cherry and will get cherry. MMMmmm. Can't wait.

In other news, I finished off the heel for the labor and delivery socks and should finish them sometime this weekend. Julie's birthday present will be done 2 weeks early. Hurrah. I will more than likely wait until the absolute last minute to weave in the ends, as usual, but the knitting will be done. I finally found a heel I like. It's wrapped short rows. Which I just learned to do with the Ruffled scarf, which I think I'm going to frog and restart. I liked it better on the smaller needles. I'm itching to start a new project. I have yarn to make 2 winter type sweaters and two summer sweater/tanks. I think I'm going to work on the summer sweater since I'll probably finish just as it starts to get warm. Now all I need to do is decide on a pattern. That will be my weekends chore.

Although, I named this blog after my two great weaknesses, yarn and shoes, there has been sadly, little news about shoes on my blog so here is a picture of my cool shoe picture frame and my new shoe photo holder. Hurrah. They'll go on the shelf with my shoe candleholder and shoe book. I've got a theme going if you didn't realize it...




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home