Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

My Taste, so much bigger than my budget...

I bought the new Adrienne Vittadini pattern book for the fall as mentioned before. I decided to price what it would cost if I used the yarn it called for.

The cover purple sweater...$245.05

The Cowl Neck Tank...a relatively inexpensive $137.50

The fountain lace cowl sweater...$187.50

The search for substitutions starts now. I have some Cascade Indulgence, but it's 5 stitches per inch on a 7 instead of the 4 stitches per inch needed in the for the fountain lace cowl sweater pattern. I'm going to have to swatch to see and try it in the pattern to see if it would look good anyway. The yarn used is an alpaca mohair. Indulgence is alpaca angora. If nothing else, playing with it will be fun.

Two-toned sweater still not done...and I'm busy everynight this week. Saturday, I'm volunteering and Sunday I have some errands to run on behalf of my mother so it doesn't look good at this point...for getting done this weekend. The itch is getting to me though. It's getting cool enough to wear so I'm hoping that will motivate me. Not much use in doing it when it's to warm to wear. (Feel free to laugh at me, just trying to be optimistic.)

I need a little optimism in my life this week. The rule for the rest of the week at work - NO ONE ELSE IS ALLOWED TO RESIGN. My goal last week was one a week. Now it's just one a day...

1 Comments:

  • At 11:34 AM, Blogger Beth said…

    Can I resign? Just kidding. I need a new job before I can resign, and you'll know about that first.

    I have to tell you, too, that the difference between 4 st/inch and 5 st/inch is pretty big. Of course, you can theoretically knit any yarn to any guage, but if you use the thinner yarn at the bigger guage, your sweater will be kindof holey. This can be a desired look, but I don't think it's what you're going for with the sweater you'd like to make. And don't worry about what needle size they say to use; when looking for substitution yarns just look at the recommended guage. You'll probably have to use a different needle size to achieve it anyway.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home