Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Monday, September 20, 2004

When did my life get out of control???

Have you ever had one of those days when you're goal is just accomplish 2 things from your to do list and you finish the 1st one about the time it's time to go home? I finished #1 on my to do list at 4:45 (everyone clap for Gwen now). I had planned a nice relaxing evening of watching TV, a good dinner, and starting to sew my two-toned sweater together (finally). But, alas, I had forgotten that I had signed up for cooking classes with my sister. Let me rephrase that, I remembered signing up for the classes, I just forgot the dates. Kudos to me for putting it into my Lotus Notes calendar so I got a reminder first thing this morning.

Cooking class was remarkably relaxing, which was just what I needed. The class was "Weeknight Wonders." Where we made Italian meatloaf, pasta primavera, cheesy potato soup, tortallini soup and fritatta. The idea being easy one pot dinners for when you come home from work. Everything was good although she didn't chop the onions as fine as I would have (okay, I would have bought the already diced ones in the freezer section and they come finer minced) and she used a lot of mushrooms and I'm not a big fan. Also tortallini soup was good, but I'd have left out the White beans. Too much mushy with the tortalini. The best was, of course, dessert. She made "Monster Cookies." Mmmm.

I've got to remember we signed up for the Holiday Cookie baking workship next week. They're also opening a holiday dessert class. Hmmm, who can I con into taking that with me???

Lots of cooking, no knitting today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home