Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Houston, we have a problem...

I seem to have gotten over my head with the yarn buying. I don't have any patterns for the beautiful yarn I have and it's sitting in a basket taunting me. My beautiful new Classic Elite Tween in Dried Cranberry is just begging to be a winter sweater and the Cascade Indulgence that I got on clearance last winter is taunting me from the end of the couch where it's stored. Not even wound into balls yet. So my new goal in life (aside from my constant search for some navy shoes) is to find some patterns to utilize my stash so I can purchase more yarn. Sounds good in theory I know...but since I'm looking for patterns, I'm not going to find any. It's one of those laws of nature. It's exactly the case with navy shoes. Actually, I'm looking for navy heels with about a 1 1/2 to 2 inch heel. The heel can't be too thin because I'm a notorious clutz and I would kill myself. I started looking last fall. No navy fall shoes. Then in spring I changed my goal to Navy dress sandals that I could wear to work. Here again it's fall and I can't find a single pair of navy shoes that matches my criteria (I'm ignoring the wonderful Kate Spade's I found at Nordstroms for $325. I can't bring myself to spend half a months rent on a pair of shoes. I'm obsessed buy not insane).

I'm in a play knitting phase. Nothing is holding my interest. I tried the Madli again and well, I'm going to put that away for awhile longer. I played with a baby sweater, but it's not looking as good as I thought, so I ripped it out as well. Still playing around with my attempt to do baby thumbless mittens without a pattern. My socks are depressing me for some strange reason tonight. I'm just not feeling the love. I need some inspiration. I need to have 1 non-crappy day at work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home