Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Friday, December 31, 2010

The year that was...the year end review of a

2010 has been a year of incredible highs and incredible lows. It's taught me a lot about who I am as a person and who I want to be. The first six months of the year were incredibly hard. I had a compound fracture of the ankle where I almost lost my foot. I had 2 surgeries in January, 1 in February, and 1 in April. I went through 6 months of physical therapy so that I walk again. I had never been seriously injured before and have never felt more helpless or scared. I'm always one of those people who pushes forward and moves at a surprisingly fast pace through life. I don't/didn't have time to slow down, but my broken ankle taught me patience and how to slow down again. It's amazing what 2 months of medical leave will do for you. Also, because of my injury, I missed my trip to Tokyo to see my brother and that really sucked. Finally to cap off the worst 6 months of my life, my grandfather died. He was an amazing man of very few words, but he took joy in the little things and I have always enjoyed his quiet nature.

The second six months of the year got better, I got promoted in August and it was something that I had been working toweards for awhile. I got to work on a project that I always wanted to work on, and boy did that teach me a lot, not only about what I know, but what I didn't know. My biggest takeaway from the experience was to listen and everyone can teach you something new. And finally, the biggest event of the year, after saving for the past 3 years, I bought a townhouse for myself and it's everything that I wanted. Yeah me!

The only good thing about the forced inactivity is that I got in lots of knitting and finished some projects that had been on the needles for several years (Lady Eleanor & Tahoe sweater). So, the finally tally for knitting and spinning for 2010 is:

2 pair Fingerless Mitts
4 pairs of socks
2 Scarves
1 sweater
2 shawls
2 hats
4 oz of Party Roving
40z Wildhare BFL
3 oz Bitsy Knits Roving
8 oz Sheep 2 Shoe kit
3 oz of mystery wool
2 oz of Pink and White roving

13 Knitted Items & 1.5 lbs of roving spun. I have several more items that are incredibly close to being finished, but I just couldn't get over the line for this year, including a huge baby blanket for a friend. So, we'll see those in next year's tally.

So, that's it. The year that was. I'm excited and ready for 2011. Tomorrow I'll post about my hopes for 2011, including a rebooked trip to Tokyo!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home