Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Of dancing camels and FOs

I was driving down the highway this morning on my way to the mall and I saw the funniest thing. A camel was stretching it's neck as far as it could get out of the back of this horse trailer in front of me and dancing back and forth and back and forth and I just had to laugh. It was hysterical. I wish I could have taken video to share.

The knitting mojo is definitely back. I finished the "Just Enough Ruffles" scarf.
I'm glad I added the additional 50 stitches even if it was a pain to knit the ruffle stitches. It's exactly as long as I would want it to be when around my neck. And the yarn is so luscious. It's currently being blocked and for 2 sundays in a row, my house smells like wet wool.

In an effort to not let go of the mojo, I immediately cast on for another projects.
These are the Jack-in-the-Box mittens from Knitting New Mittens and Gloves in the child size. They'll be a gift for my neice for her birthday. The yarn is from Creatively dyed and I think the way it's knitting up is just beautiful and I wish I had bought more than just the one skein so I could make something for myself.
In other news, I saw Fame today and I'm telling you do not waste your money. I was ready to walk out of the movie by the end of Freshman year. It has none of the charm or fun dance scenes that the original had.

Other than that, it's been raining since early afternoon, so I made chili and napped and knitted. The perfect fall day.








1 Comments:

  • At 8:44 AM, Anonymous JessaLu said…

    Glad to see your mojo has returned! Love the scarf - and thanks for the heads up on Fame! I had a feeling it was going to be another high school musical... ;o)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home