Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Got my knitting mojo back

I think I may have done more knitting in the past 8 weeks than the rest of the year. What's this???
Another finished object. It is the Chevron Scarf from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. This is a gift for a very good friend. It's 2 colorways of Koigu KPPM and it's fabulous. I will never get over the pure joy of blocking wires. You take a blob that's curling into itself and turn it into fabulousnes. Behind the swift and ball winder, they may be some of my favorite knitting accessory...who am I kidding, they're all my favorite knitting accessories...

Since I finished one scarf...and I only have like 8 projects on needles, I felt I need another...

This is Laura Chau's Just Enough Ruffles. I'm using the Miss Bab's Yowza Whatta Skein! in the Aubergine colorway. I went searching for yarn to make this scarf at Stitches Midwest and so far, think I made a great choice. Love, love this yarn. It's soo soft and easy to knit with. Love, love, love the pattern. I'm almost to the ruffle already and I just started it yesterday. Yeah for a quick knit.
Other than that, I would like to say, happily, that it's fall! I say officially in my world because I made my first pot of soup this weekend. Tortilla soup, which I'll be eating all week long. It's super yummy. I also bought chili fixin's for next weekend because it was on sale. I love fall!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:31 PM, Anonymous Jenn said…

    Maybe I left my mojo with you :) I seem to have lost mine, as I've not gotten very far on any of my projects since coming back from Stitches. The scarf is off to a great start...can't wait to see the finished project!

     
  • At 12:49 AM, Blogger Alicia said…

    Yum Yum Tortilla soup!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home