Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Haul

I'm back. I'm alive and I bought a ton of stuff this year, which your saying to yourself is no different from anyother year.... As you can see cranberry/plums & greens were the colors of the year...
So, what did I get:
  • 5 skeins of Brae Tweed in the Berry Heat colorway - It's so incredibly soft. Not idea what I will make, but I could not resist.
  • 1 skein Bamboo Baby in Tulipa from Miss Babs. Yummy Merino Wool/Bamboo blend.
  • 1 skein Merino Bamboo DK weight in Light Grey from Miss Babs.
  • 1 skein Merino Bamboo DK weight in Burgundy from Miss Babs.
  • 1 skein Yowza - Whatta Skein! in Aubergine from Miss Babs
  • 1 skein Woodbrook in the Dan Colorway from Creatively Dyed Yarns
  • 1 skein Shepards Wool from Stonehenge Fiber Mill in Cherries Jubilee
  • 2 skeins of Koigu - the edging for my Tahoe Sweater
  • 1 4kz hank of Merino/Tencel roving from Creatively dyed
  • 1 4oz bag of Merino/Silk roving from Ellens Half Pint Farm in Silver with pink and blue blended in.
  • 2 4oz bags of Merino roving from Ellens Half Pint Farm in Cranberry
  • A set of the new Hiya-Hiya Interchangeable needles in the red case - If you haven't tried these, they are fabulous!!!! So excited I found them.
  • Verena Magazine Winter 2009 - Love the patterns
  • Verena Magazine Summer 2009 - Again, love the patters. I will be subscribing to replace my lapsed Interweave subscription.
  • Poems of Color - the history of Bohus Stickning including some of the patters. Hurrah, finally grabbed a copy after all these years
  • And...the best for last...

Yes! Wall hangings in metal of the words Knit and Purl with little charms hanging on them. I could not resist!

Other than that, had a great time with Jenn, Colleen and Beth. It's great to spend time with old friends who know you and even though we've been apart, it seems as if we were never apart...as evidenced by the fact that not even 4 hours after we were altogether we were sitting in massaging chairs laughing our asses off. There may have even been tears of laughter involved. I think Beth and Colleen enjoyed their first stitches and they were a great addition to the fun. I took a class in the Long and Short of alterations and learned to put in some lifelines and cut into my knitting. It was a great class and I enjoyed it, but I do think that one small addition would improve the near heart attack you have when you cut into you knitting...Margaritas would make it all better. I'm not sure the people at Stitches will take my feedback into consideration, but it's out there...

There was also knitting this weekend. I finished the first of the socks in the Opal Dumbledore Harry Potter Colorway and I started Tahoe and managed to almost finish the back.

Yipee. The knitting mojo is back. I'm going to update my ravelry page and quite possible head to bed early. I'm exhausted.


1 Comments:

  • At 11:46 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    IT WAS TOTALLY A BLAST from Thursday afternoon thru Sunday! I've really missed you and Beth and I have to agree that it's like we're never apart...the mark of great friendship.

    Can't wait to see you again around Thanksgiving for New Moon!

    -Colleen

     

Post a Comment

<< Home