Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Friday, August 15, 2008

Back from the most magical place on earth. It was fun. Even the whole work part was great, but I will have to say that Florida in August is very close to Hell. OMG the HUMIDITY!!! I was pretty sure I never want to live in Florida, that clinched it. And, what it did to my hair, we con't even want to talk about. It was as if I should have walked out of the shower and not bothered to dry my hair.

I did see several amazing speakers. The first was Fareed Zakaria, who's an editor at Newsweek and he was gripping, which is hard to say about economists, but I'm headed out to buy his book. And the second was Keith Harrell, who spoke about attitude, and from now on, I'm going to try to be more Superfantastic and less of everything else. The third is a perennial favorite, Reggie Butler, no not the linebacker, but he's a speaker on diversity and generational differences. I've taken several courses in diversity from Reggie and this year, it was 2 hours on generational differences.

Whew, am I exhausted though. I don't think I got more than 4 hours of sleep a night the entire weekend. I got home about 3pm today. I worked for a couple hours. Ordered a pizza and went to bed and napped from 7pm - 10:30. Then, I was unfortunately wide awake, so I'm blogging. I think this weekend I'll go see a movie and do laundry because Stitches is next week. Woo Hoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home