Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

Yes, I survived my 33rd year and it was a good year full of changes. Location change. New Place. New Challenges. I'm looking forward to 34. I went to the movies in the morning with friends and then my brother and his wife took me out to dinner (at Sweetwater for you DC Metro folks. Yummy Steak and beer!!) I did get some yarny gifts. From a friend here, I got a gift certificate to the local yarn with instructions to buy myself something special. I also got a package in the mail from Joanna with Dream in Color Smooshy!
And some Claudia Handpaint!!! Woo Hoo!!!!

So, the after the birthday letdown was accute. Yes, indeedy. I went to work today for 4 hours. Tankfully I did get a lot of work done today though.

I finished the first Neopolitan sock this weekend. They turned out very well. Striping turned out fairly even throughout the sock.


I saw 27 Dresses this weekend and every woman who has ever been a bridesmaid should go see it. Oh, who am I kidding everyone should see it. It was hilarious and definitely one of the better Romantic Comedies I've seen in quite awhile. The past few years, the romantic comedy genre has kind of jumped the shark and have been kind of trite. This was the best I've seen in years. Besides it also has hotties James Marsden and Edward Burns, who is aging very well.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:37 PM, Blogger maitai said…

    1) james marsden = hot.
    2) i saw that movie friday night and almost got into two fights (an exaggeration) at the theater!
    3) do you like pink much? :D
    4) sweetwater...YUM!
    5) happy birthday!!!!

     
  • At 7:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Birthday!! I love Sweetwater. Which yarn store? Need help shopping?

     
  • At 10:29 PM, Blogger Christine said…

    OK, so your bday present from me is going to be sent out in about a week. Keep checking your mailbox. It will be yummy. I promise!

    Happy Happy LATE bday!

     
  • At 7:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Doh!! Sorry I missed your b-day! Sounds like you had a good one though and I'm loving the yummies you got. Can't wait to see what they end up as.

    Happy belated birthday!
    -Colleen

     

Post a Comment

<< Home