Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

2008 resolutions

I feel a little bit like the beginning of the Bridget Jones movies as I start to write my yearly goals... In my 33/34th year...

I'm going to try to keep it simple this year. So much happened last year, I think I need to avoid making any sweeping declarations and just go back to basics. So, here we go:

1. Exercise more - because any exercise would be better than what I do now.
2. Explore DC metro and the East Coast. I want to keep up with my goal of going one new place a month and try to explore a bit farther out as well. I'm on the east coast, I might as well take advantage of it.
3. Get my work organized so I don't work 10-11 hours every day. This may be a pipe dream, but I want to try to leave by 6pm at least 2 days a week.
4. Continue my efforts to eat healthy. More fruits and veggies. I've been doing fairly well so far.
5. Get out and meet more people. I didn't mean to imply I wasn't meeting people, I just feel that I'm not getting out and meeting people and that's mostly my fault because I need to make a greater effort. Part of that means I need to do #3 so I have more available time.
6. Knit more for myself. As I looked over all the finished objects from last year, 2 pairs of socks were for me. I started several more objects for me...clapotis #4, Lady Eleanor, Vintage Velvet, Miss Lambert's shawl, Surplice sweater & Tangled yoke sweater, but they all sort of went by the wayside. The Clapotis I did finish, for "me," I ended up giving to someone else I felt needed it more than me.
7. Connect and reconnect with my friends who live far away. I keep moving and now I know people in several different cities so I need to make sure I keep in contact with everyone and not just read their blogs and think we're connected. This means phone calls and e-mails and not let it get swept by the wayside.

So that's it for this year. Here's hoping 2008 is as good year.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:36 PM, Blogger maitai said…

    good luck with your resolutions! there are so many things to see and places to visit around the DC area. let me know if you need any suggestions!

    and thanks for your comment about my car :) hopefully it won't take too long to get fixed!

     
  • At 7:23 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Can I just copy your list? :) Except for the East Coast thing, but we've been meaning to visit the coast, so maybe I'll leave it on there. Sorry we didn't get together over the holidays! They just flew by...Sigh...good luck with your resolutions and I hope 2008 is great for you!

    -Colleen

     
  • At 7:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow that's quite an ambitious list! Best of luck to you on keeping these...mine never seem to work out, and get dropped by the end of Feb, all for me to make the same ones the next year. Sorry we didn't get together over the holidays - there was waaaaay too much going on! Lety me know when you're back in town and we'll get together then.

    Jenn

     

Post a Comment

<< Home