Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Saturday, January 12, 2008

And the knitting goes on....

I think I'm finally out of the knitting funk. I've been knitting up a storm lately. I've got about 7 inches of the Tangled Yoke Cardigan finished. I'm at the end of the decreases. Yeah! Still so much more stockinette to go though. Totally loving the Elsbeth Lavold Silky wool. Still working on the Clapotis and am almost to the mid-point in that. No new pictures of those two, because once you get to a certain point, you just don't seem to make discernible progress for awhile.

I started a new sock on my recent travels. Can you imagine I did not have a single solitary sock on the needles and usually have one or more (darn sock funk).
But I'm liking my new sock. It's a little weird looking in the picture. The colors are much softer in real life and remind me of neopolitan ice cream, so they will henceforth be known as the Neopolitan socks. I started this on my recent 3 plane trips in 2 days business trip. I should make significant progress on it as I'm making a site visit next week with a co-worker and it's a 3.5 hour drive each way. She, thankfully, is driving. Woo Hoo knitting time for me. The yarn is a hand dyed yarn that I got from an exchange once upon a time. It doesn't have a band on it anymore, so I have no idea what it is, but it's stretchy like Cascade Fixation, but much finer. I'm knitting it on zeros with 60 stitches.

I got my first birthday present today...a gift certificate to the local yarn store. Woo Hoo!!! What to buy, what to buy... I'll have to think about what I want to get with it. Definitely something special.

I did not go car shopping today. I got up late and finally put away all my christmas stuff (oops). I'll definitely have to go again next weekend. Can't put it off forever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home