Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Saturday, September 22, 2007

First tour of DC

So, I went exploring today. I managed to not only get to my house, but back again, which is the really exciting part. :-)

I went to Alexandria today, to go to Knit Happens. Cute knit store with lots of good stuff. Yeah!!!

I love Alexandria. I love the old row houses. It's so cute.
More row houses. I looked around a lot. Alexandria has a great kind of "old town" section with lots of shops. Knit Happens, bookstores, Starbucks. Lots of great places. I walked around for about 3 hours wandering in and out of stores. I did buy some yarn.
Some Debbie Bliss yarn for some mittens for my neice and some Pony needles size 1.5. I couldn't find any 00 needles, but 1.5 are hard to find and I've never tried the Pony needles, so I'll let you know what I think.

All in all it was a good day. I also hauled another 20 empty boxes out of the house. I'm down to 4 boxes (the huge hangling clothes boxes). I can't wait to get rid of them all. Tomorrow it's picture hanging day.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:41 AM, Blogger Jo said…

    What a cute area! I want to come visit. :)

    I bought some (count 'em) 00000 DPNs yesterday at Yarn Barn.

    What the hell am I going to do with those??? :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home