Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

I'm home

Yes, that's right, I'm in my apartment. My household goods arrived late yesterday afternoon. I've been through 43 boxes so far and have about 20 left. Mostly books and kitchen stuff. I have these kitchen cabinets that were built for giants and I can't reach the top shelves, so I need to go buy a step stool at Target. Cable, phone and internet were hooked up today. Yippee, so I'm officially back online.

The only room that currently looks good is my bedroom. There are no boxes, no trash and everything is put away. Yeah! Next time I move, I'm getting rid of so much more before I move. I'm glad I chose to move to a two bedroom because there's no way I could have moved all this stuff into a one bedroom.

Tomorrow I'm actually going to go to the grocery store. Hurrah! Sadly the only thing in my refrigerator is 3 diet cokes. It looks weird.

Anyway, more news to come as I recover from unpacking and finish putting stuff away.

5 Comments:

  • At 8:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ongratulations on the move...I know you're glad to be reunited with all your posessions again.

    Looking forward to seeing pictures of the new place when you get it set up!

    Jenn

     
  • At 9:22 PM, Blogger maitai said…

    congratulations and welcome! in which town did you end up finding a place? i work in tysons!

     
  • At 9:21 AM, Blogger Teri said…

    Hooray! Welcome to your new place!

     
  • At 2:40 PM, Blogger dulcedosa said…

    *sniffle* *pout* *grumble*

    Well, at least, you're all moved in now and can spread out and relax a bit. I (we) miss you a LOT! *sigh*
    *skulks away*

     
  • At 12:18 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hey Gwen! Glad your stuff finally arrived and you are getting settled in you new home. Have so much fun exploring DC and be sure to tell us about all the fun yarn shops up there.

    Amber
    MisKnits

     

Post a Comment

<< Home