Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Monday, August 13, 2007

The Redux: Stitches Midwest and Sockapalooza

Okay. Here it is. The full haul minus a pair of addi double points I can't seem to locate at the moment...which worries me because it looks sort of like a hurricane went through my house...

The final haul:

  • 2 skeins of Interlacements Rick Rack II - I love my feather and fan scarf so much, I bought more of it. One is green tones and one is very neutral colors.
  • 2 skeins of Tess' Designer Super Sock & Baby Yarn - in semi-solids since I have way too much variegated sock yarn already (Magenta & Green). I think I might like this better than STR (Sacreligious, I know!)
  • 1 skeins of the TOFUtsies Limited Edition August sock yarn
  • 4 skeins of Tess' Designer Merino laceweight yarn - 2 in Magenta & 2 in blues
  • 2 skeins of Brooks farm Duet. Red tones. I've been coveting it forever. I should have bought 2 more and made a sweater...there's always next year...
  • 2 skeins of sock yarn from Handpainted Yarn in Wentzville, MO with tweed slubs in it. One reminds me of the sky at dusk and the other is all jewel tones. The colorways are all named after Operas - Rigoletto & Tanhauser
  • 1 Sheep to sock kit from Blue Moon Fiber arts
  • 1 skeins Socks that Rock medium weight in Beryl (green)
  • 2 skeins of Silkie Socks that Rock in Little Bunny Foo Foo and Algae
  • 4 skeins of Melody Sock yarn - cool very graduated color changes.
  • 2 skeins of bamboo laceweight from Habu Textiles in a light green.
  • 1 skeins Alpaca in natural browns from Pajolo Alpacas. We love them!
  • 2 skeins of Koigu KPPPM (yes, it's an obsession)
  • 4oz Columbia Top roving
  • 3 patterns - 2 shawls and a sweater
  • 2 pairs of Hiya Hiya double point needles size 0 and 1.5 - these things are light!
  • 1 pair Addi double points (4 inchers) in size 0

A good time was had by all. Check out Beth, Suzie and Carmen's blogs for more updates.

On to the equally important and totally cool gift from my sockapalooza pal! Woo Hoo! The socks fit and are totally cool. I love them. She also sent some soap, a lavendar pillow and candy. The Bing Cherries in Milk Chocolate are very yummy and as you can see from the picture, already opened. A big Woo Hoo to my sockapalooza pal Tara. She rocks!

1 Comments:

  • At 6:51 PM, Blogger Lauren said…

    The wine bottles in the background is a nice touch to your photo of scrumptious yarns. So beautiful.... http://indianhillmediaworks.typepad.com/yarntalk/

     

Post a Comment

<< Home