Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Friday, June 08, 2007

So, since I've worked so hard today, I thought I'd take off early and leave work at 3pm and run some errands... You can already see the problem... Yep, I left the office at 5:45pm. Ugghh!!!! Another totally frustrating day at the grindstone.

But, today's story has a happy ending!!! I got a very special call this evening. I'm an aunt again!!!!! My brother and his wife had a little boy this evening...although I'm not sure you can call 8lbs 8oz little. He was born at 10:08 this evening!!! I'm so excited. It's all I can do to restrain myself from hopping a plane to see him. Unfortunately, the next three weeks are the most busy time for me at work and since I want to spend at least 2 full days loving on the new baby, I'm going to have to wait at least 3 weeks. So, I'll be working towards planning a trip and then I'll have something to get me through the next few weeks at work. I'm so excited. I can't wait to see him.

Tomorrow is Worldwide Knit in Public day, so the girls and I have decided to honor this auspicious holiday by visiting 3 yarn stores, a farmer's market, a greek festival and our favorite restaurant. Yeah...we're going to get up early and go all day. Along the way, we'll knit in places. At the farmers market they have live music. Perfect knitting opportunity. At the greek festival while we're too full to even stand upright. You're getting the picture here right??? I'll try to remember my camera so I can photoraph our day. Then on Sunday, we're all going to Stitch & Pitch at the KC Royals Game. Woo Hoo! A baby and a knitty weekend. Just what I needed.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:36 PM, Blogger Chris said…

    Congrats to your brother and his wife, and to YOU, Auntie Gwen!!! :)

    Have fun tomorrow!

     
  • At 11:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congrats on becoming an aunt! My friend just had a baby, too - newborns are so snuggly!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home