Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

I'm back. I could have really used a day off to recover from my long weekend because I packed in so much stuff into so few days, but I'll hit the highlights for you...

Friday, I got a haircut and highlight in the morning and then met my sister for lunch and shopping. Then we got pedicures and picked up my niece. We ended up running late for our evening plans, so we dropped my niece off with my very dazed looking father (you would be too stuck with a 2.5 year old whirlwind for an hour alone), chowed down dinner and went to our sorority reunion. I had a good time. It was nice to see people and talk to people I hadn't talked to in years. Then, my sister wanted to go with this group of girls to this dive bar in nowheresville so they could Karoke. Soooooooo, not my cup of tea. I ended up playing games on the one game console things with one of the girls. Not into the "party like a rockstar until all hours" thing anymore. I must be getting old.

Saturday morning I woke up early because I smelled terrible. I couldn't take a shower before going to bed because my niece was sleeping right across from the bathroom and would have woken up. So I went to bed and got up smelling like last night's smelly ash tray. Big Yuck. My niece was also awake at the time, so I went and got her and changed her diaper (yes, I am a saint) and got her dressed and then we went upstairs to wake grandma and papa. Grandma got up, but papa was sleeping the sleep of the dead. Lindsay and I played and went for a walk. We took her to Kohl's and she got a new toy, which we had to play with and examine each little piece 20 or 30 times. We had a BBQ in the afternoon with the family. It was good to see my aunt and my grandfather. I finished the slip stitch socks on Saturday night, but can't figure out what I did with my camera, so no pics yet..

Sunday, I went to BBQ at my friend Jenn's house. We had yummy food and also saw Colleen. Jenn & Colleen were the recipients of my secret projects...which I, of course, forgot to take pictures of, so you'll have to imagine what they looked like. 2 of Joelle Halverson's Placket Neck baby sweaters from Last Minute Knitted Gifts, one red and one green for two boy babies.

Monday, just so I didn't go a day without plans, we went to the Greek Festival at a local church. I had this absolutely enormous meal of some absolutely amazing greek food. Then I jumped in a car and drove 250 miles back to KC and promptly fell asleep on my couch watching TV...

Today, I frogged two projects. First, a potential sockapalooza sock because it's just too wide and second, the Krista Tee. Yes, it's like the 4th time I've restarted and frogged. For some reason, I'm having issues converting the lace pattern to in-the-round, so I'm going to just do it the way the pattern is written and seem. Yuck... I will do the front and back at the same time though so that I get the arm holes at the same spot... Then I went out with Joanna and her husband Gary for Indian food. First time I ever had indian food and it was very yummy. I'd go again. It helps going with people who know what to order though. I heart Joanna.

While I was gone, I've been tagged by two people, Carmen & Jennifer for the 7 random facts about me, so here it goes...
1. My two favorite comfort foods are peanut butter toast (the kind you butter and then put peanut butter on and it gets all melty. yes, I realize this is bad for me...) and Hard boiled egg sandwiches (basically 2 peices of buttered toast with a sliced hard boiled egg in the middle, not much better than the PB Toast...).
2. I have car envy and want one of the new Sebring Convertibles in the worst way, but I just paid my current one off and it's, knock on wood, still running and in good condition, so I can't see getting another. You might say, "well then sell it so you get more $$s," but honestly anyone running a Carfax report would run the other way... It's been a few fender benders and is worth more to me on the road than selling it would net me.
3. I love to nap. My favorite thing to do on a Sunday afternoon is nap. Obviously, I don't have a husband and children...so this works out sometimes.
4. I hate to clean, but I like to do laundry. I love to fold warm clothes.
5. I have weird skin allergies and I have the hardest time finding shampoo because I'm allergic to most of them. I recently became allergic to the one I've used for years. They must have changed their formula and that totally sucks. Going around with an itchy, red rash ring around my face is not particularly fun. I tried a new shampoo this morning recommended by my hairdresser.
6. I learned to knit so I could knit socks. My friend, Beth aka Knitting Goddess extraordinaire, had the most awesome pair of socks she handknit and I decided then and there that I had to learn to knit so I could make socks for myself. I knit a wash cloth, started a baby blanket and then knit a pair of socks before I even finished the baby blanket. Thus a love affair was born...
7. I'm a process knitter. Unlike most people, I knit for the process. I find it relaxing and I just enjoy the physical practice of knitting. I have no desire to ever use a knitting machine or do anything that would speed it up. I knit socks on double points because it's about the process of knitting in a circle. I don't even keep half the stuff I make (I know you're all quaking in your boots at that), but I knit purely for the love of knitting.

Since pretty much everyone I know has been tagged for this, if you haven't been tagged, consider yourself tagged. :-)

1 Comments:

  • At 7:59 AM, Blogger Chris said…

    I have the same problem with face products that you do with shampoo, so I can commiserate. My stepmom is sensitive to formaldehyde, which is apparently in most shampoos (although with a different name) - she gets some hypoallergenic shampoo made in Rochester MN and somehow related to the Mayo Clinic.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home