Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

So, a chemical plant blew up in KC today. I was on a conference call when all of a sudden there was a really weird noise and the light flickered. I was like "Oh crap, not another transformer blowing...that will require an afternoon on the phone with the security people..." When I finally looked outside the window in my office, it was this huge cloud of black smoke and fire shooting into the air a couple miles away. Lots of black smoke. Ugly black smoke... It was amazing to watch. It just didn't quit. You could still see flames when traffic let up enough for me to get out of the underground garage a bit after 6:30. Thankfully it doesn't look like anyone was injured. Made the afternoon really interesting.

{added 1 hour later}Famous last word...just got a call from the office...transformer in our building blew....

1 Comments:

  • At 7:56 AM, Blogger Chris said…

    Scary!! Did you have to go outside and breath that crap?!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home