Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Sunday, January 28, 2007

So, I've decided that I'll do Johanna's 2007 Sock Challenge to knit a pair of socks a month. Below, we have the finished socks!
Details: Mountain Colors Bearfoot sock yarn in Wild Raspberry. Done toe up using my generic sock pattern with a short row heel. 2x2 rib pattern which gives it a little texture and lets the amazing yarn speak for itself. I love them so much, I wore them today to Carmen's Premier jewelry party. They were greatly admired. My one regret, the lace top I wanted to do didn't work out. :-( But I love, love the socks anyway. I think they're my new favorites.

Since I finished January socks, I decided to start some February socks...which look surprisingly similar to some I made my sister
for x-mas this year, but with the colors inverted. I loved how well
they turned out for her, I decided to make a pair for myself as well. Pink for Valentine's day. Pink & Green, the colors of spring which I hope are not too far in the future, because I'm seriously tired of scraping my car windows every morning...

1 Comments:

  • At 8:46 AM, Blogger Chris said…

    Those Bearfoot socks look wonderful and toasty warm!!! The pink and green will be nice and cheerful. I hear ya about the car windows... Ugh.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home