Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

In spite of all my troubles...there is still knitting going on. I tried to start Lift & Separate this evening (sorry Carmen!), but alas, I don't like the yarn on it. Serves me right for starting early... Well, I've decided to wait for Stitch Diva's Sahara pattern to come out because I think the yarn will work for it. I'm in love with this pattern, and although I'd love to be able to make it out of the Tilli Thomas yarn...not going to happen. I do have to pay rent and stuff like that. KC Power and Light gets aggravated if they don't get their money. Things like that...so, I'm substituting...

In the meantime, I've started a baby blanket for my sister's childhood friend who is having her first baby. It's out of that green cotton boucle
yarn I got at Stitches 2 years ago. I got something like 1800 yds for $10. I figured I could find something to do with it and apparently that something is a baby blanket for a baby of indeterminate sex. (BTW, I used to think having a surprise baby would be fun, but finding colors that work for babies of indeterminate sex is not fun...) I'm going to do a seed stitch border and then I'm thinking a basketweave pattern in the middle. No fringe. It took me forever to fringe the first baby blanket I made... Never again!!! Oh, the nightmares just thinking about it.

2 more days to enter my contest. I'll draw a winner Friday night.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:03 AM, Blogger Chris said…

    That's a good color for a baby blanket. And hey - fringe isn't recommended for baby blankets, anyway.

     
  • At 8:06 PM, Blogger dulcedosa said…

    Awww...you're using the stitch markers I gave you. YEAH!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home