Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Busy Day

I had one of those weekends where I had all this energy and got so much accomplished. I made this for my neice. It's the hat from Last Minute
Knitted Gifts in my precious stash of cotton-ease. I also made progress on the baby blanket. I'm done with the second set of squares in the basket weave pattern. I started to pack my knitting that I want to take to my parent's house for Thanksgiving next week. I'm going to take the Vintage Velvet scarf. A x-mas gift that needs to be finished. The baby blanket...and I'm really considering taking a pair of socks to start for me. I'm going for 5 days. I'm kind of feeling anxious like it's not enough????

I think my energy and good cheer may be related to the fact that my
favorite season is starting up. Look what else I did this afternoon. Yes, I'm one of those. I love to give gifts and watch people open them. Yep. Absolutely can't wait for x-mas day when everyone opens the gifts! I even dragged out the christmas music, which was kind of weird because I had the windows to my apartment open and it was all sunny and nice out.

Not exactly the right atmosphere for doing this:
Yes, this year's Christmas tree. I had to go buy a new tree because I accidently threw away one of the feet to my old one during a move...(oops), so I upgraded to the $39.99 tree from Target. I love getting out my ornaments out each year. Here's the one I got from my best friend in high school. Here's one my great aunt made for me and stuck at $5 bill in many years ago. Here's one that I gave to someone and they regifted back to me. My house is going to look naked after the holidays. I'm going to have to find something for that corner where the tree is. It makes my living room so much more cosy.

Oh well, back to work tomorrow and I have to go in early for a meeting and stay late for an interview. That's okay...I'm off on Wednesday! Yippeee!!!

4 Comments:

  • At 8:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am so jealous! I was trying to talk DH into helping me put up our tree this weekend, after all, it's after Halloween right?(thanksgiving doesn't really count, cause I'm in canada and it's before halloween) and he said, "can't you wait till next weekend?" I just don't think men get it...

     
  • At 11:55 AM, Blogger Cindy said…

    Well, I have too much furniture to move around before I'll have any chance at putting up a tree.

    But between the extra space, & the being out of town Thanksgiving weekend, I can see why you'd put your tree up early. It looks great!

    It was good to meet you last night. Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving!

     
  • At 10:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow! You've been so productive! Our tree goes up next weekend when we have friends over for the only party we throw all year...

     
  • At 2:48 PM, Blogger Chris said…

    That hat is really cute!!!

    You've been really busy! I always have trouble getting into the holiday spirit...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home