Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Back from St. Louis. Hurrah! Thankfully it didn't rain over the weekend. Spent some quality time with some of my college friends at Colleen's annual "Cold" party, held at another friend Jenn's house this year due to Colleen's recovering (Yeah!) husband. Lots of good food. Hand rolled sushi, chicken salad, fresh fruit, and the most amazing chocolate ice cream in the world. Yummm. It was fun to hang out with everyone, although these days, it's hard to get a word in over the din of the many children. Thankfully, most of them are pretty cute, so it's easy to forgive them. :-)

I got a package in the mail when I got home this evening. A few weeks back, I won a contest over at Hand Over the Wool. Yeah me! As I walked back to my apartment from the mailbox, I kept feeling it and feeling it and thought to myself..."I thought it was yarn, but this doesn't feel like yarn..." Got back to my apartment and found some scissors to open the package and out tumbled this...

Freeze dried yarn! What a fantastic way to protect yarn until you're ready to use it. What a great way to send a package. And, makes for pretty easy storing as well. The packaged was opened up to be this. HurrahMe !!!!

Thanks Lisa!!!

Countdown to Vegas: 25 days

2 Comments:

  • At 8:00 AM, Blogger Chris said…

    Too funny! It would be a great way to store yarn. Hmmmmmmm.........

     
  • At 7:29 PM, Blogger Chris said…

    Congrats on winning the contest over at Quiddity!! :) You are on a roll.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home