Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

So, this is the last time you'll see this yarn on this blog. Yes, I ripped it out yet again! UGHHH!!!! I love the yarn. It reminds me of a tropical sunset over...the reds and oranges over the blue of the water, fading into the purples of the dusk. I've tried everything and it's just not working for me. It's so sad...

So, to recover from my bad experience with the koigu, I immediately cast on another. Behold the Socks that Rock in the wonderful Aija's RPM pattern from Knitty.com.

I'm totally loving this pattern. It's an easy pattern to memorize and easy pattern to read your knitting on. Both huge pluses. A big sorry to Aija, but I did decide to do them toe up, because I'm weird like that. I think these are going to go fast though. I tried to get a more close up picture, but at 10pm, it kept getting all blurry and I couldn't figure out why. I'll try again when I have more knitted.

Countdown to Stitches Midwest: 29 days

4 Comments:

  • At 11:33 PM, Blogger aija said…

    LOL, I love toe up too.

    Dig the striping action on the STR as well; I like STR best when it does that.

     
  • At 11:43 PM, Blogger Chris said…

    Wait, if that's the last time we're going to see that yarn - what's going to happen to it?!

    I love toe-up. :D I've never knitted socks any other way.

     
  • At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Gwen, give it to me and I'll knit you a pair of socks with it. K?

    See ya tonight!

     
  • At 6:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I want to knit RPM toe-up too, so how did you convert the pattern? Or are you just following the pattern the same way?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home