Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

More on the blanket...

Now, Shelly is making a blanket out of her sock yarn too and she's obviously been at it longer than I have, but she's still not the original person I saw making a blanket that inspired me. I do wish I could find that person again and give that knitter credit. It was like a foot and a half of squares straight on up and down. Like Shelly though, this has become an obsession. I find myself promising that I can make a square after I've finished a repeat of my clapotis, a repeat of the feather and fan shawl, 4 rounds of the Bombshell sweater... I dream of the blanket. Like Shelly, I will soon be out of yarn for my blanket, but since I'm crazy, I currently intend for my blanket to be a visual record of socks I've made so it's going to take me quite awhile to finish... So, if you're out there and looking for someplace to get rid of your sock yarn, contact Shelly.

I had finished about 2 inches of the koigu a sock and I yanked it out yet again tonight. I liked the pattern, but wanted it on bigger needles and less stitches. So I restarted it and finished about 3 inches. So much for casting on and finishing a sock "real quick" so I could knit squares out of another new yarn. :-)

The Stitches Midwest Countdown is now at 30 days.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:20 PM, Blogger Chris said…

    I would want to do the sort of blanket you're thinking of - to commemorate the socks I've knit. Like my yarn label project. A personal memento.

     
  • At 10:43 AM, Blogger Ashley said…

    Hi Gwen! Just landed on your page after a random surf on the midwest knitters ring. Wanted to say hi since we're kinda neighbors in a way. I'm up in the northland of KCMO. Things look great- love all the pink! Stop by my page sometime- a-random-little-blog.blogspot.com. Well, happy knitting and good luck surviving this awful humidity :(.
    ashley

     

Post a Comment

<< Home