Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Another day, another sock.


I ripped out the Lindsay sock when I got home from work because I wanted to try the Magic caston from knitty.com. Joanna was doing it at the knitting group 2 weeks ago and raving about how easy it was, so I decided to try it too. Of course, you can see that I immediately cast back on and finished a sock. Which is just too cute. I just love socks for kids. They're so easy. Foot done in an hour. Whole sock done in about 3 hours. Of course, When Lindsay was an infant, her socks took about 1 hour. Of course, back then they were 20 stitches around and about 2 inches long, but alas, she's getting bigger, so we have enlarged the socks to be 32 stitches around and 5.25 inches long. As for the magic cast on...I don't know if I'll ever use another cast on to do socks again!

Have you seen these? I can't decide if they freak me out or that they're something I just have to have... I sure don't believe that they'll produce enough light to knit by in the dark, but if anyone tries them and finds out differently, let me know.

So, I read an article this morning that said that the so-called "bubble" skirts are back in style. It's kind of scarry to think that my 10th grade homecoming dress would now be back in style 16 years later. Those things were scary enought the first time. I'm one of those people who goes through their closet at the change of every season and give away or throw away clothes (depending on their general wearableness), getting rid of what doesn't fit, what I don't wear, what I'm tired of to a worthy cause. But since fashion seems to be on this 14-15 year recycle, should I keep those one of a kind trendy items on the off chance that when I'm 47 they'll be back in style?? Bubble skirts...I just can't get over it...

Stitches countdown: 22 days

2 Comments:

  • At 11:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Actually bubble skirts have been back in for about 6 months or more. Some of them look pretty nice, but most of them are just rehashed. Everything old is new again, right?

     
  • At 9:24 PM, Blogger Chris said…

    That is a very cute sock!

    I think I'm just going to stick to my Levis and black Eddie Bauer shirts lifestyle. Pretty much timeless. Simple, too!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home