Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Well, I went to see the orthopeadic surgeon today. Spent 45 minutes in the waiting room for the doctor to go "looks like you broke 2 bones in your foot" and "well, it you're in the right appliance" and finally "come back in 4 weeks." All of 5 minutes. He did poke around on my foot and ask if this hurt and that hurt, etc. The foot is all gnarly and purple right now. The bruise has leaked down into my toes and looks really bad. I was going to post a photo, but just because I think it looks gross, doesn't mean I need to gross out the greater internet presence...

Well, in between my 10 minute spurts of cleaning, I've been spending a lot of time on the couch with my foot propped up. I finished the second ball of yarn on my pink shawl that I'm making. The doctor said I could walk as "my pain would allow." So, when it starts feeling better, I should be more mobile, but in the meantime, should get a lot of knitting done.

This has got to be a record. I don't have a single solitary sock on the needles. Usually I have 2 if not more, but I cast on nd rip out. Cast on another pattern rip out. Switch yarns, cast on, rip out. It's a vicious cycle. I guess at this point, I'm waiting for inspiration.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:15 AM, Blogger Chris said…

    Your poor foot! How long do you have to/get to stay home from work?

    Bummer about the socks - I can definitely relate - I have been there!

     
  • At 3:44 PM, Blogger Beth said…

    Sorry I didn't comment on your last post; I think I was just in shock, having just seen you hours before. I hope it starts feeling better soon. Thank you for not posting pictures, too. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home