Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Thursday, June 08, 2006

New stuff!!!


My most recent purchases!!! Yes, that is a Boye Needlemaster there. Many thanks to Beverly who waited in line at Tuesday morning to purchase!! Yipee!! I've wanted one forever, but have been too lazy to take my 40% off coupon up to Michaels.

And that wonderful yarn surrounding it you ask?? Well, I had to have something new to play with my new needles. The yarn is Nashua Cilantro in Rose. I'm going to make the Bombshell sweater from Big Girl Knits. I've been surfing the internet for weeks looking for the right yarn at a price I can afford. ($180 for the Lion and Lamb is not in that range...although I'm certain it would be my favorite sweater did I ever buy it...) So, tonight when knitting at the Yarn Shoppe and More for our normal knit night, they allowed us to take part in their Birthday sale a day early and, of course, I couldn't resist. I did manage not to buy the Rowan Calmer for the Curvalicious Cardigan, but it was a close one. :-)

Now, is anyone taking bets on whether or not I can finish Bombshell in time for Stitches Midwest???

1 Comments:

  • At 8:12 PM, Blogger Chris said…

    Oh, pretty yarn - I bet you can do it! Go, Gwen! Go go go go go!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home