Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

RIP

My great aunt died last Friday and I've been in St. Louis attending her funeral. She died 3 months before her 90th birthday. I can still remember visiting her during the summer when I was a kid. My grandparents would drive my sister and I up to stay with her and then go on to visit my grandfather's brother and Maryan would entertain us for a week or two or whatever until my parents came up and we went fishing. She lived in a small town in Michigan and you could walk to get an ice cream cone at night or walk to hear the calliope at the showboat on the river a few blocks away. She made every day an adventure. We would go to the beach in Grand Haven or strawberry/raspberry/blueberry picking or to visit someplace she thought we should see. Some of my favorite memories of my childhood. Maryan was a painter, a quilter and even a knitter. She will be missed by us all.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:57 AM, Blogger Chris said…

    I'm sorry to hear about your great aunt. She sounds like she was a wonderful lady!

     
  • At 11:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My condolences to you and your family. Let me know when you're back in KC, there's a yarn crawl Saturday if you're in the need of retail therapy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home