Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Sunday, January 15, 2006

So...I'm moving

I've stopped freaking out about it...for the moment anyway. I have fully immersed myself in the myriad details necessary to transfer me and all of my stuff accross the state and safely ensconced inside of a new apartment. So, to start it off, I broke my lease. Much less traumatic then I had imagined. I didn't have to come up with a $750 cashiers check with my written notice. I don't have to repay any rental concessions Big huge sigh of relief here.

Next up, finding a place to live. I'm traveling to Kansas City next weekend to seek out a place to live. I've been looking on line for several places to visit. I'm going to take Friday off and go for the weekend. Look around a little bit. Maybe check out the yarn stores. :-0

So enough about the move, on to more interesting things. I had my birthday party this weekend with my family. My sister gave me one of those rolling tote bags. It's red. It's awesome. I've wanted one of these for awhile. I go on a lot of one night business trips with my laptop and this is perfect for traveling with the computer and a change of clothes. Yeah!! We had my favorite dinner. Lasagna and Cherry Pie for dessert. It was a good time. We laughed a lot.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:52 PM, Blogger Chris said…

    Belated happy birthday!! Sounds like a good one. Glad that breaking the lease wasn't too bad - that can be so ugly.

    Sounds like you have it under control. :)

     
  • At 8:44 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Belated Happy Birthday and Best wishes on your move! I am soooo glad I plan to never move again. 3 times in one year was enough. Now, hopefully DH's company will go along with my plan.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home