Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Announcement

You may have noticed that there has been some splotty blogging and some very ho hum posts lately. Not a lot of finished objects or new ones started, etc. I've kind of been preoccupied by something that took a lot of my personal energy for the past two months, but I can now announce that Shoes and Yarn will soon be relocating.

Not the blog, silly... Me.

I accepted a promotion and will be moving to Kansas City, Mo. The position is a very good move for me professionally and they made me an offer that I couldn't turn down. This was quite possibly the hardest decision I've ever made in my entire life. For two months while going through the process, I alternated between, "what a great opportunity!" and "Oh, my god, I can't leave my family."

It took me all day practicing yesterday to be able to say that I was going to accept the position without actual tears. It's a good thing I have an office with a door. I did managed to accept the position today without choiking up, but I still tear up when ever I talk to a family member about moving. I did manage to tell co-workers as long as I avoided saying anything about leaving my family and friends.

This is the right move for me at this point in my life. I'm single, no boyfriend, no children, etc. so I can do this. It's only a 4.5 hour drive or a short Southwest flight away.

I feel like the "I will survive" should be playing in the background..."

5 Comments:

  • At 8:14 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Best wishes to you on this momentous decision. It is hard to make. Every time DH makes noises about company mergers and possible relocation I freeze up. But I have children issues to think about. You are right for doing it now. Who knows, all roads can lead back to home.

     
  • At 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I know for you that this is the right move, and it will be weird that you won't be in the 'Lou any more, but you are making the right move now.

    Best of luck to you, and most of all Congratulations!

     
  • At 3:01 PM, Blogger Chris said…

    You knit. You will find community in your new home. :)

    Thanks for dropping by my blog. Joe just seems too bossy to me, in a "stay home and have my babies" kinda way.b

     
  • At 4:14 PM, Blogger Lissa said…

    congrats! it may be scary, but at lease it's a good scary, and i bet you surprise yourself...and we'll all come with you ;)

     
  • At 6:09 PM, Blogger Kristin said…

    Congrats on your decision and promotion. I know it was a hard one, but you are right, it is not too far away.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home