Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Monday, November 21, 2005

I've been tagged with a meme by the wonderful Beth. This would be the first one I've ever been tagged with, so here it goes...

What is your favorite yarn to knit with? Hmmm. I haven't ever knit with Koigu, so I guess I'll have to go with Tess' super sock yarn. As evidenced on this blog, I'm obsessed with knitting socks and Tess' yarn just knits up so well, in fact, I'm working on a pair right nowin Tess' yarn.

What's the worst thing you've ever knit? I'm going to have to go with the Bistro shirt. It was 5 times too big...literally. Going to have to work on that guage... Close second goes to my Soleil tank that shows just a little bit too much cleavage.

Most valuable technique - This would go to the ability to go back and fix mistakes several rows down without unknitting every row. Thanks Beth!!!

Your most favorite knitting pattern - I'm going to have to go with the clapotis. I just love to drop stitches on purpose.

Favorite Knitwear designer - I'm going to go with Sally Melville. Her patterns are simple and easy. The baby albert is a classic pattern for a quick baby gift.

Best Knitting Magazine - Interweave. Good designs. Easy to follow. A lot of patterns in sizes I can wear!!!

Favorite Book - The Knit Stitch & The Purl Stitch. I use them constantly for instructions on how to do something well. Sally's instructions on Kitchener stitch are the only ones I can follow that turn out looking decent.

Your Favorite Knit Blogs: The Blue Blog, She Just Walks Around with it (yes, she does occasionally post knitting updates, but she's hysterical so I'll forgive her), and the Yarn Harlot, of course.

Knit item you wear the most - The first pair of socks I ever made. I wear them every time they're clean. I absolutely love them and they are the most comfortable pair I own, even though the toe is a bit wonky.

I'm going to tag Lissa and Susie.

By the way, all those Harry Potter fans, rush out to see the new movie as soon as possible. It's the best one yet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home