Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Boy did I need a laugh...

It's been a hard, crazy, frustrating week so far and I have one more day to go, but it's looking up a little after this evening. My friend Julie and tried out a new restaurant and then went to see a movie. The only one starting any time soon after we go there was "Robots." I'd seen ads for it and it looked okay. I knew Robin Williams and Ewan McGregor were doing some of the voices, but boy was I surprised. The two hour movie passed by in a flash. I haven't laughed that hard in awhile. I love this kiddie cartoons that contain all of those referenced that you have to be an adult or of a certain age to understand. This was another of those. I highly recommend it.

Last evening was knitting night. We were a little thin. Only 5 last night. I'm wondering where some of our knitters have gone. I miss Kim L. and Nancy and Ellen. We miss you, come back!!! I started a new sock last night, wonder of all wonders, for me! I'm doing the Happy Sock patter in some variegated purple/blue/green Tess' Super Sock yarn. It's looking great. So far I have the ruffled edge done. I'll post a picture after I finish one of the twisted rib/garter stitch repeats. So far, I absolutely love it. It's working out much better than the first pattern I tried. Other than that, I've finished 2.5 of the main repeats for the flower basket shawl and have come to the conclusion I need to go buy a set of size 8 circular needles for it. It's getting quite big.

No big plans for the weekend. Got Disc 2 of Season 1 of 21 Jump Street on it's way from Netflix. I see an afternoon of vintage Johnny Depp and knitting in my future this weekend.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:38 AM, Blogger Blu486 said…

    Think I may have an extra pair of size 8 circulars you could have . . .

     

Post a Comment

<< Home