Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Thursday, February 17, 2005

Meaning in life

My boss has this new theory that she doesn't want to attend any meetings where she doesn't offer something or learn something. After today's training class, I'm going to be her biggest fan. Now, don't get me wrong, I like the person in charge of giving and arranging the training, but it was a waste of my time. 1. She is someone who talks so quietly that she could hardly be heard with the microphone. 2. She was either nervous or unprepared. 3. Way too corny jokes. Last, but not least. Training was not really all that applicable to the audience. We'd have been better served with some kind of brainstorming session about how to improve things than watching this video. Oh well, it wasted away 3 hours of my day and I got free lunch.

Tomorrow's Friday. Hurrah!!!! My plans for the weekend were to lounge around in my apartment all weekend, watch movies and knit, but yet again, I've been thwarted. I have to drive 2 hours each way to attend an emergency meeting for this organization where I volunteer. Ugghh! Not that there aren't issues that need to be dealt with and my presence is uneccessary, but I was looking forward to a weekend of sloth. The worst part is it's on Sunday and the yarn store in the town is closed. Ugghh!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home