Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Focus

I camped out in an office on the 19th floor this afternoon. I was listening to a webcast. We've been asked to dedicate ourselves to listening to these things and to cut out the multi-tasking. So I diligently tried to sit and listen to the webcast and not answer e-mail, work on a spreadsheet, surf the internet, sametime co-workers, read assorted office paperwork, etc. I soon drifted and remembered an "important" e-mail I had to send. Caught myself multi-tasking. Rededicated myself to watching the webcast and listening...only. Minutes later, found myself watching the arch and tour groups go in and out of the Old Courthouse. Ooooh, Darn! Supposed to be listening to webcast. Focused...again. Another e-mail I had to send. Focus. Good idea for staff morale booster. Focus. I really want to vacation on a beach... I was thinking touring Italy would be fun, but laying on a beach for a week is sounding better and better... Opened web browser to look for all inclusive resort in cancun... Ugghhh!! It's really hard to pay attention to webcasts...

It seems the package with the cute outfit (bought) and matching hat ( that I knitted) for a friend's baby has gone missing... I checked with another friend and her package arrived, so what happened to mine??? The package had a return address on it, so even if I got the address wrong, more importantly, why hasn't it come back??? Darn USPS. I should have known to go to One Stop Mail guy instead of the computer thingee in the post office foyer that lured me into thinking it was safe. One stop mail guy is always there to help me in crisis... Glad I went to One Stop Mail guy to send Secret Pal package. I feel much better about it's prospects for arriving at the intended recipient.

I'm working on three, read that three, secret projects. Projects for people that I know read this blog. It kind of cuts down on the fun of having the knitting blog. I'm reduced to purposely taking blurry pictures just so I can prove I haven't been neglecting my knitting. I'm still on the hunt for a summer pattern to work on for me. Susie started that wrap around sweater thing from the S&B Nation. So, now, I have project-start envy. I will admit to everyone that Yarn Envy and Project-Start Envy are much better than the other types of Envy. For awhile I had House Envy. Now that's some expensive envy. I, for the most part, have left that behind, although, I'm covertly shopping for a permanent residence that will entail being in hock up over my head for 30 some-odd years sometime in the next two years. It's also better than baby envy. Although, regular visits and cuddles from 2 month old neice have largely eliminated that as well. Living vicariously is working so far for me on this one. Hope is stays that way. In world news, limp fish, Prince Charles is going to, finally, marry bland Camilla Parker-Bowles. Oh Boy. The two of them are the most bland, vanilla couple in the world. Even their affair is bland. How do bland people stir themselves to have affairs?? Thankfully the sons take after their mother. What a brou-haha in the media though. Good lord. By the way, I still haven't made my way through all the SP4 blogs. I'm on "T" now...

1 Comments:

  • At 11:51 AM, Blogger Beth said…

    Gwen, duh, you should have knitted during the Webcast. It would definitely have helped you to focus on it. And I miss Suzie. I wish she would update her blog so I could keep track of her. Maybe I'll go post a harassing comment.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home