Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Monday, February 14, 2005

Black Monday

Welcome to Black Monday. The day that all single people hate with a passion. Now, I'm a about as hopeless a romantic as they come, but even Valentine's day is too much for me. To make matters worse, today there was this article in one of the papers today about single people being the new pariahs of society. It used to be divorcees that were looked down upon by society seen as failures. Now it's the singletons of the world. Apparently, we've never grown up. Gee, isn't that cheery...

The true day to celebrate is tomorrow when all that lovely chocolate goes on sale.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:44 PM, Blogger Beth said…

    I've already planned my course - first Target, then Walgreens, then another Walgreens. Maybe Dierberg's. We'll see how productive the first ones are. Good thing tomorrow is payday.

     
  • At 9:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't know if this is a comfort or not, but I've held fast to my repulsion of this "holiday". Only, now that I'm not single, I can't celebrate Black Monday like we did in college, but I guess it's easier on Ted that way. Enjoy all the discount chocolate!!

    -Colleen

     
  • At 6:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I miss the discount chocolate - trying to be a little better this year than last. My waistline can't afford a choco-fest again this year!!!

    Oh well...

    Jenn

     

Post a Comment

<< Home