Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Headache rising in the morning...

I woke up with such a headache this morning, it was all I could do to drag myself out of bed. It's pretty bad when you're downing the Excedrin Migraine before you've even left the covers. Two of those babies, two ibuprophen and a vat of diet coke later I was actually able to walk out of my house without wincing at the brightness of the dull grey overcast morning. Headache went away mid-morning thankfully, except for the residual migraine hangover feeling and I was fine by the afternoon. Thankfully my morning was pretty easy. We handed out the ballots for our Academy Awards contest at work. We're trying to drum up some fun in our dull grey lives.

Well, I've made it to S in trying to read all of the Secret Pal 4 blogs. This is addicting and also bad for me as well. I'm now officially on the hunt for some yarn to do the Clapotis. Yes, I know I just bought a second batch of yarn to do the Madli shawl and no, I don't feel bad about coveting the Clapotis. I also have sock yarn envy. The Six Sock Knit-a-long, the Sockapolooza, random socks, the beautiful yarns... Not that I don't have enough yarn to make 9 pairs of socks, but all the different kinds, colors, patterns and the koigu, oh, the koigu. You would think with 10 yarn shops in town, that one would carry koigu. No can do Shamu. I'd have to drive to the Yarn Barn in Kansas in order to get my hot little hands on some. I could, of course, buy some from a catalog or on line, but that seems like cheating. I am putting a seperate fund aside to buy some at Stitches Midwest this year. I stupidly saw, and neglected to buy some in my yarn stupor last year. If you've been to Stitches, you understand the yarn stupor, even as you ridicule me for neglecting the koigu. In other news, I just heard they're discontinuing the Mission Falls 1924 Cotton. I'm so sad. It's like the perfect yarn for so many things. I'm going to have to score some on-line (yet another thing not carried by the LYS) before the supply is gone.

I'm also about at the breaking point regarding buying a swift and ball winder. I keep looking at the hanks of yarn stashed around my place and shuddering at the thought of winding them all without the benefit of either.

In shoe news, my black boots are wearing out. I need to buy new ones.

Can you tell I have shopping withdrawl or what?

1 Comments:

  • At 11:08 AM, Blogger Beth said…

    Do you know how I spell Exedrin Migraine formula? M-A-G-I-C. Did I tell you about the Migraine Cocktail, because that's exactly what I take: two EM's, two Ibuprofens, and chase it with a highly caffeinated beverage. Usually the actual headache is gone in about 45 minutes. It's a beautiful thing. Ps. the Target store brand of EM is just as good, and much cheaper.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home