Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Friday, February 04, 2005

Will you be my wingman???

So, for days now, the local news has been running teasers for this revolutionary dating idea that's going to change lives. The concept, you ask??? Hire a wingman. Apparently this is all the rage in NYC, Chicago and LA. You pay this person $50 an hour to go to bars with you, meet people and then introduce you. The theory is if you're a woman, you take a man. He dresses nice, but not "HOT" and buddies up to groups of guys and then throws some line in to introduce you. If you're a guy, you take a woman. Now, they say you can use this concept with your friends for free. Get one of your male friends to go out with you and do the same thing for free. The problem, all my male friends are married, all their male friends are married, there are more single women than men in St. Louis and I'm just not in that stage of life where hanging out in bars every night is a good time. Nor do I want a man who thinks that hanging out in bars is my idea of a good time. Nope, I don't think this is going to revultionize my life. Nice try.

In other dating news, I got caught with my guard down while home sick with the stomach flu a couple of weeks ago and participated in a dating survey. Well, the wonderful people from "Great Expectations" - which is a social club, not a dating service, but they'll screen the men for me for $$ (yeah, right)- has been bugging the crap out of me. They call at least once a day. I'm just not into it. UGGHHH! Being single is both a blessing and a curse. Where have all the good men gone??

I've been blog surfing all of the blogs for the Secret Pals 4. I'm working my way through K now. I came to the conclusion that I should be bookmarking the ones I'd like to come back to. Unfortunately, I didn't book any of the first half of the alphabet... So, I'll have to go start back at the beginning once I'm done. It's amazing how different everyone is. I can even kind-of-sort-of read the french blogs. It's been awhile since my last french class.

I'm putting together a package for my secret pal. It's so much fun. I just need one or two more things and it will go out. I can't wait until she gets it!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:26 PM, Blogger Beth said…

    Hey! That dating service bugged me too. I think the first time they called I was seeing someone, though, and I told them that and they called back in 6 months, and I lied and told them we were still seeing each other, and eventually they stopped calling. Maybe this is one of those cases where lying is the best policy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home