Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Saturday, January 29, 2005

Leftover sock yarn

Ever Since I learned to knit socks, I've been saving these sad little balls of leftover sock yarn thinking one day I would have a use for them... Oh, sure, I knit a little stocking cap for my sister's cat that he hates, but I was looking for something better. Well, my sister was complaining about socks for my neice. How expensive, how they didn't fit right, etc. etc. Tada, light goes one. So I knit up one pair. Hopefully the picture finally appears in this post because I've tried it twice.

These beaties, are made of some left over soccotta yarn that I made some socks out of for myself.

Well, it was snowing here in good ol' St. Lou last night, so I popped in Harold & Kumar go to White Castle and knit up a second pair.

These are out of the soccotta yarn that I made some socks out of for my sister. They came out as anklets because I was running out of yarn. I only had about a yard lef after finishing them, on account of how I took the original pair of socks I was knitting with me on vacation, put the sock in one of the inner pockets of my luggage, thought I'd lost it and proceeded to knit another one so I could give the socks to my sister for her birthday. So, finally found the 2nd sock after I'd given her the 1st and 3rd socks. Oh, well, she has an extra if anything ever happens to one.

Back to Harold and Kumar...that movie was hilarious. I don't know if it caught me in the right mood or what, but I was LMAO!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home