Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Sunday, October 10, 2004

Baby Shower Day

Hurrah! Baby Shower is over!!!! I'm free of planning stuff for several months. Everyone oohed and aahed over the Baby Einstein sweater with matching cap I made for the baby. I don't know if I should be offended that everyone seemed to admire the Beatrix Potter buttons with a cat picture more than my superior workmanship...

Kelly got lot of fun stuff for the baby. Everyone had a good time. There was enough food. Most of all only about 20 people showed up, which was what we were looking for when we invited 36 people. So, an unprecedented success in my eyes.

For all that everyone was wondering, I did not finish the 5 day baby blanket. Exterior forces interacted upon my knitting time and it did not get finished. I'll be going to Columbia, where said pregnant woman, lives in November and will deliver it then. Problem solved!

For those that wonder, I don't knit while driving. I'm a bad enough driver as it is, but that's not to say it hasn't crossed my mind, especially stuck in traffic while they have shut down the stupid highway so the president's motorcade can drive by... Why he chooses to arrive at rush hour to make things so much worse that it already is, I'll never know. If I ever was going to vote for him, my 1.5 hour drive home because they shut the highway down for him the other day would have put that vote in serious jeapardy.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:40 AM, Blogger Teri said…

    I'm glad the baby shower went well. I'm sure she appreciated all you did.

    Was great to see you Saturday!

     
  • At 8:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Actually it was Kerry who was staying downtown for the debate. I snuck through there apparently about 10 minutes before everything got shut down. Thank God.

    From your fellow downtown commuter,
    Eric

     

Post a Comment

<< Home